Getting here and around
Travelling by bus
A wide range of bus and shuttle services are available throughout Southland. The following companies provide transport links in the region:
- Bus Smart Invercargill (Public Transport)
- InterCity (Nationwide - Te Anau, Christchurch, Dunedin, Gore, Invercargill)
- Tracknet (Invercargill - Te Anau - Queenstown)
- Catch-a-Bus (Door to Door Invercargill to Bluff, Dunedin & Queenstown)
- Stewart Island Experience (Invercargill- Bluff)
- Event Bus Charters and Tours (Guided and Private Tours available)
Taxis and shuttles
Bookings and Tickets
The Invercargill i-SITE Visitor Information Centre is the number one place to go for travel advice and bookings for tours, activities and accommodation in Southland. They also specialise in travel arrangements for all New Zealand destinations. Better still, their service is free.
The expert team of locals at the Invercargill i-SITE are brimming with knowledge about the best things to see and do in Invercargill and throughout Southland. They have information on activities, accommodation and transport throughout New Zealand. Plus they’ll take care of the bookings for you. Itinerary planning and information Bookings (within Southland and throughout New Zealand) - transport, accommodation, activities and attractions Free maps, weather and safety information Local information - events, attractions, restaurants & more!
You'll find them
Wachner Place, Invercargill.
Phone +64 3 211 0895
8.30am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday
8.30am - 4.00pm Saturday & Sunday
10.00am - 4.00pm Public Holidays Closed Christmas Day